SHOT show 2013 is just around the corner. Yes, it is going to happen. Despite the political climate and recent events, the nation's best manufacturer's will be out in force to show off the year's new products. What are you most excited about? Here are a couple things I'm looking for:
1. Magpul offerings: They always have something innovative and fairly inexpensive. Now, it may take the rest of the year for you to get your hands on it, but it'll be cool nonetheless.
2. FNH: I'm really impressed by FNH USA and their offerings. The SLP is exploding on the 3 gun circuit and everyone knows how bomber the SCAR is. I've always like FN products since they were making Belgium Brownings back in the day.
3. Mossberg: I'm shooting a Mossberg 930 in competition now. Mossberg already offers the Jerry Miculek JM PRO shotgun for 3-gun competition. I'd be interested to see if they expand their line even more. Mossberg is also trying to get more into the AR market as well.
4. Innovative magazines: Companies are constantly trying to compete with the PMAG, and with looming political badness in the air, I don't really know what companies are going to try to do. I wonder if we will see some 10 round magazines debuted just because?
5. 3-gun equipment: I'm interested in everything SHOT has to offer when it comes to 3-gun.
6: Colt: They are still the standard. The CM901 has a good rep so far. Still don't see much with regard to the Colt piston AR15. Hopefully Colt will continue to evolve.
Hope to have some exciting news in the next few weeks from SHOT!
Be safe and see you next time.