|No earplugs needed? Well, maybe so.|
As you may remember, I've had some NFA paperwork on hold for a while now. Given that whole process went off pretty much without a snag for me, I'm thinking about sending off another batch of paperwork. This time for a suppressor. Yeah, you know my hearing isn't what it used to be. I'm totally doing this to preserve my hearing.....yadda yadda yadda.
The new Silencerco Saker suppressor is REALLY intriguing. Pictured above, it offers a unique adapter device called the MAAD which currently will bolt up to multiple difference muzzle devices, including Silencerco's Trifecta muzzle device, AAC's 51t device, and YHM's device. I think the modularity of this suppressor is ingenious. Getting NFA approval for a suppressor is a lifelong commitment, and you want a suppressor that is high quality, long-lasting, and easy to use. Having the ability to mount up to multiple muzzle devices is a feature that puts the Saker at the top of my list of "have-to-haves."
So, in a nutshell, here's what Santa has to do for me: "(a.k.a.) how to get NFA approval for a suppressor"
1. Select desired suppressor
2. Find Class 3 dealer to sell you said suppressor or to take transfer of suppressor from other retailer
3. Fill out Form 4 at Class 3 dealer and purchase suppressor.
4. Complete Form 4 by getting CLEO signature and fingerprints vs. use Trust in leiu of CLEO
5. Send in paperwork to NFA with $200 NFA fee
6. Wait for paperwork to return.
7. After completed, stamped Form 4 returns, go to Class 3 dealer and pick up suppressor.
Easy huh? Yeah right. Waiting is misery.
Be safe and see you next time.